IACET Provider | WBE Certified
(631) 393-6755 | email@example.com | 535 Broadhollow Rd STE B9, Melville, NY 11747
NYC DOB PROVIDER NO. 4L06
HAZWOPER 40-HOUR TRAINING
Laborers and other general site workers must complete 40 hours of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training. This course educates cleanup and emergency response workers to operate safely during a variety of situations that involves hazardous substances. This training covers policies, practices and procedures that reduce the risk of injury and illness related to harmful exposures on the worksite.
The course satisfies training requirements outlined in OSHA standard 29 CFR Part 1910.120, which requires workers to complete HAZWOPER training before starting work at an uncontrolled hazardous waste operation.
If you're searching for HAZWOPER 24-Hour 8-Hour Refreshers, click below:
HAZWOPER 24-Hour Training
WHO NEEDS 40-HOUR
Workers that are new to uncontrolled hazardous waste or emergency response operations are required to complete 40 hours of HAZWOPER training. This includes general site workers (such as laborers and equipment operators) and on-site management and supervisors.
Roles that require this training are usually:
- Equipment operators
- General laborers
- Other general site workers
- On-site management and supervisory personnel
WHAT TYPE OF WORK IS COVERED
BY HAZWOPER TRAINING?
OSHA standards states that HAZWOPER training applies to workers and employers involved in five specific types of operations:
- Uncontrolled hazardous waste cleanup operations required by a government body
- Corrective actions involving cleanup operations at Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) sites
- Hazardous waste operations at treatment, storage and disposal (TSD) facilities
- Operations at non-TSD facilities that generate hazardous waste
- Emergency response actions involving the potential release of hazardous substances
See OSHA's HAZWOPER standards for additional information
HOW LONG DOES
HAZWOPER 40-HOUR LAST?
The 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is valid for 12 months; to maintain your certification, you must complete an additional 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher course each year. If you miss the deadline, you may be required to retake the 40-hour course.
See HAZWOPER 8-HOUR REFRESHER COURSE for additional information.
- Types of Hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Levels of Protection
- Fire Prevention
- Hazardous Materials
- Medical Surveillance
- Site Emergencies
- Drums and Containers
- Fall Hazards
- Struck by Hazards
- Caught-In Hazards
- Hazardous Communication
COURSE COMPLETION CARD
- Students that successfully complete the course will be issued a wallet-sized completion card.
100% attendance for the 40-hour HAZWOPER class: 40 hours of instruction time
Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
Active participation in all class exercises (determined by instructor)
Completion of required quiz assessment
As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score (70%) on required end-of-course examination
Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
Make up time is not allowed. Students who miss time from any individual session must reschedule and attend the full training course.
PREREQUISITE: Participants need to be able to communicate with the instructor in the language the course is held in.
CEUs (CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS)